Who is harmed by a « Real Names » policy ? - Geek Feminism Wiki
The cost to these people can be vast, including:
– harassment, both online and offline
– discrimination in employment, provision of services, etc.
– actual physical danger of bullying, hate crime, etc.
– arrest, imprisonment, or execution in some jurisdictions
– economic harm such as job loss, loss of professional reputation, reduction of job opportunity, etc.
– social costs of not being able to interact with friends and colleagues
– possible (temporary) loss of access to their data if their account is suspended or terminated
The groups of people who use pseudonyms, or want to use pseudonyms, are not a small minority
(déjà signalé en 2011 au moment de la polémique #google+)