OracleVoice: From DNA Mapping To Self-Driving Cars: 5 Predictions For Our Digital Future.
Votre futur donc, if you agree :)
Economic, social, and demographic trends portend a new world order a decade from now. A massive shift in consumer purchasing power. Seminal breakthroughs in healthcare, transportation, and commerce. A reinvention of urban living. All accelerated by technology innovation.
Building on the bold technology predictions presented by Oracle CEO Mark Hurd in his Oracle OpenWorld keynote address last month, these five broader predictions for 2025 may seem startling at first, but they aren’t so much informed guesses as they are the logical progression of current events. See if you agree:
1. More than a billion people worldwide will have their DNA mapped (and checked every year).
2. Not only will 90% of automobiles be self-driving, but they’ll also be connected to the cloud.
3. Close to 60% of consumer spending will be in the developing world.
4. “Smart cities” will be the rule, not the exception, especially in the largest urban areas.
5. One out of every 10 people will use an internet-shared service at any given time during the day.