» Israel Extends Detention of Two Palestinian Prisoners, Days Before Release– IMEMC News


  • Minutes After His Release, Soldiers Abduct A Palestinian Who Spent 18 Years In Prison
    January 14, 2020 11:46 AM – IMEMC News

    The Palestinian Prisoners’ Society (PPS) has reported that Israeli soldiers abducted, Tuesday, a Palestinian man just minutes after his release from prison, after he was held captive for 18 years.

    The PPS said the Palestinian political prisoner, Ismael Affana, from occupied East Jerusalem, was released from the Negev Detention Camp, after spending 18 years in several prisoners, but was abducted a few minutes later.

    It added that the Palestinian was transferred to the al-Maskobiyya Detention and Interrogation facility in Jerusalem.

    It is worth mentioning that Israel frequently rearrests Palestinian detainees just minutes or a few hours after their release, and usually places them under the arbitrary Administrative Detention orders, without charges or trial.

    Some of the detainees are released hours after their abduction, but face severe restrictions; this sometimes includes barring them from returning to their homes and towns, or preventing them from heading to other parts of the West Bank, in addition to being denied the right to travel abroad.

    • Israel Extends Detention of Two Palestinian Prisoners, Days Before Release
      January 14, 2020

      The Palestinian Prisoners’ Society (PPS) said the Israeli government renewed the administrative detention of Shorouq al-Badan, 25, for six more months, on Monday, only two days before her scheduled release, the Palestinian News and Info Agency (WAFA) reported.

      Badan, from Bethlehem, was arrested July 2019, and was supposed to be released after fulfilling her six month sentence, under administrative detention, instead she was slammed with another 6 months behind bars.

      In addition, the Israeli authorities extended the detention of Alaa Abu Jazar, 43, from Rafah, in the southern Gaza Strip, who was imprisoned in 2003 for ‘resisting the Israeli occupation’.

      According to the PPS, Abu Jazar’s 17 year sentence was supposed to end on Tuesday, but Israeli authorities instructed the Abu Jazar family to remove the homecoming tent, and that he will remain in detention for at least two more days to undergo interrogation.