Israeli Army Kills Palestinian near Nablus, Injures 37, Including a Journalist – – IMEMC News


  • Hundreds take part in funeral of slain Beita resident Imad Dweikat
    August 6, 2021 - Quds News Network
    A Palestinian young man, on Wednesday, was pronounced dead from serious wounds he suffered a week ago after the army shot and seriously injured him in the northern West Bank city of Jenin, Quds News Network reported.

    Medical sources stated that the young man, identified as Diaeddin Mohammad Sabarini, 25, has died, after he was shot by Israeli forces, three times in the upper body, on Tuesday, August 3, 2021.

    During an invasion of the industrial zone of Jenin, Israeli soldiers and undercover agents shot and wounded six Palestinians with live rounds, for resisting the incursion.

    Sabarini had been seriously injured after being shot in the abdomen, he was evacuated to a nearby Nablus hospital for urgent treatment where he succumbed to his critical gunshot wounds today.

    ~ QNN, WAFA
    Photo: QNN

    Occupied Nablus (QNN)- Hundreds of citizens took part in the funeral of Imad Dweikat (38 years old ) today. Dweikat, a father of five children, was shot dead by Israeli soldiers today.

    The funeral marched from Irfedia hospital in Nablus towards the house of the victim to allow his family to have a final look at him before he was buried.

    the participants chanted slogans against occupation. “Towards Jerusalem we will go.. millions of us” and “We die so that Palestine lives”, chanted the participants.

    Imad Dweikat (38 years old), a father of five children, the youngest of them is only two months old.

    Dweikat is Beita’s sixth victim since the start of the Israeli actions to build a settlement outpost on Sabih mountain.
    #Palestine_assassinée #Beita

    • Israeli Army Kills Palestinian near Nablus, Injures 37, Including a Journalist
      Aug 7, 2021

      Israeli forces shot, and killed an unarmed Palestinian man, and injured several more in the northern West Bank village of Beita, south of Nablus, during a demonstration in rejection of the continued expropriation of Palestinian land.

      The Palestinian Ministry of Health announced that soldiers shot Emad Ali Dwaikat , 37, a father of five children, the youngest being only two months old, with a live round in his chest, causing life threatening wounds.

      The critically injured man was rushed to Rafidia hospital in Nablus, where he was pronounced dead by medical staff.

      The army also targeted a photo-journalist covering the demonstration, shooting him in the knee with a rubber-coated steel round, he was treated by medics on the scene.

      Sources confirmed that at least 20 protestors were injured with rubber-coated steel rounds, two were struck with teargas canisters, five suffered from falls while being pursued by soldiers, and 31 people suffered the effects of teargas inhalation.

      Hundreds of Palestinians participated in the funeral procession for the father of five, which began at Rafidia hospital and headed towards the slain victim’s home, Quds News Network reported.

    • PCHR
      Ref: 108/2021

      Date: 6 August 2021

      Time: 21:30 GMT

      IOF Kill Palestinian Civilian and Wound Journalist and Child in Nablus

      On Friday noon, the Israeli occupation forces (IOF) killed a Palestinian civilian and wounded a child, and a journalist, during its attacks on a peaceful protest against settlement expansion in Beita, southeastern Nablus, northern West Bank. According to PCHR investigations, the victim was not involved in the clashes, as he was standing by an olive tree at least 150 meters from the area. Additionally, there were no threats to the lives of IOF soldiers during the protest, eliminating any justification to the murder crime. This crime is yet another stark example of IOF unjustifiable relaxed shooting standards in disregard for Palestinian civilians’ lives.

      According to PCHR investigations, at approximately 13:00 on Friday, 6 August 2021, a peaceful protest took off from Beita village towards Mount Sbaih, where IOF established “Avatar” settlement outpost three months ago. The protestors held Palestinian flags and chanted against the occupation and settlers. Upon their arrival to Mount Sbaih, they found IOF troops stationed in the area; the soldiers fired at the protest and violent clashes erupted. A group of the protestors threw rocks at soldiers, who continued to fire live and rubber-coated bullets, as well as tear gas and stun grenades, at the protestors. The clashes continued until 15:17 and resulted in the death of a Palestinian civilian; a journalist and a child were wounded as well. The victim was identified as 37-year-old Imad Ali Mahmoud Dweikat from Beita village; he was shot with a live bullet in the chest and died after his arrival to Rafidia Hospital. Additionally, several other Palestinian civilians suffocated due to tear gas inhalation.

      Kifah ‘Enad ‘Abed Bani Shamsa said to PCHR’s fieldworker that:

      “On 06 August 2021, I performed the Friday prayer in Beita village Park near al-Hawata area and Sabieh Mount, south of Beita village, southeast of Nablus. At approximately 13:30 following the prayer, a number of Palestinians who performed the Friday prayer in the village’s mosque flocked to the area below Sabeih Mount to protest against the establishment of “Avitar” settlement outpost. A group of the villagers and I distributed food and drinks to Palestinians participating in the protest, which developed to clashes with IOF. During the clashes, IOF fired sound bombs, teargas canisters and live and rubber bullets at protestors. At approximately 15:10, I withdrew from the area of clashes and headed towards the ambulances parking. When I was four meters away from the parking, I saw my friend Imad Ali Mahmoud Dweikat ( 37) standing under an olive tree, 150 meters away from the clashes. I headed to him and stood next to him. We talked with each other for 5 to 7 minutes. Suddenly, Imad fell beside me on his right side and flipped onto his abdomen. I saw blood come out of his mouth, so I knew that he was injured. I flipped him onto his back and put my hand on his chest to stop the bleeding, noting that I did not hear any gunshots at that time. Afterwards, ambulance officers came, put Imad on a stretcher, got him into the ambulance, and then took him to the field hospital in the village. After that, Imad was transferred to Rafidia Governmental Hospital in Nablus. Few minutes later, he was pronounced dead. The villagers and I headed to the hospital to say goodbye to him.”

      PCHR investigations show that IOF use excessive force and snipers to kill in a premeditated and unjustifiable manner. In a matter of a few weeks, IOF killed 6 Palestinian civilians, including 2 children, during its attacks on peaceful protests against settlement expansion in Beita. This fact suggests that IOF’s conduct is in fact a systemic and political decision that is repeated on more than one occasion, eliminating any base for allegations of a security necessity or real threat.

      The series of murder crimes committed by IOF constitute war crimes involving the Israeli political, security, and military levels.

      PCHR reiterates its call on the international community to act immediately to stop the IOF crimes and renews its call on the High Contracting Parties to the Fourth Geneva Convention to fulfill their obligations under Article 1; i.e. to respect and ensure respect for the Convention in all circumstances and their obligations under Article 146 to prosecute persons alleged to commit grave breaches of the Fourth Geneva Convention and to guarantee Palestinian civilians’ right to protection in the occupied Palestinian territory (oPt).


      17. Le meurtre d’Imad Duikat à Beita le 7 août 2021. Père de quatre filles et d’un fils en bas âge, Duikat participait à une manifestation contre la prise de possession des terres du village par la colonie d’Evyatar. Des témoins oculaires ont raconté qu’il a été tué par balle alors qu’il buvait un verre d’eau. L’enquête n’est pas encore terminée.