An Atlas of Radical Cartography
This Atlas is an atlas and not the atlas. Rather, it is one of many possible atlases, given the abundance of artists, architects, and others using maps and mapping in their work. While all maps have an inherent politics that often lies hidden beneath an “objective” surface, the contributions to An Atlas of Radical Cartography wear their politics on their sleeve. This publication includes ten pairs of politically engaged maps and texts from within the growing movement of cultural producers who have parallel or integrated activist practices.
The 10 MAPS:
1) Chetla Lock Gate, Marginal Land Settlement in Calcutta, 1984
2) Routes of Least Surveillance
3) Rendition Flights 2001-2006
4) Geography of the Fürth Departure Center
5) Guias de Ruta / Route Guides
6) From South to North
7) the los angeles water cycle: the way it is, not the way it should be and one day will be
8) New York City Garbage Machine
9) The US Oil Fix
10) A World Map: in which we see...
Image Los Angeles Water cycle by Jane Tsong